Aspire to Health
ASPIRE TO HEALTH is a collaboration between the Department of Education and Training – Darling Downs South West region, The University of Queensland Rural Clinical School, Griffith University and the University of Southern Queensland.
The program gives students the opportunity to meet and talk with local healthcare students and professionals.
Aspire to Health held in differing locations detailed in the table below.
|The University of Queensland, the Rural Clinical School and
Griffith University Darling Downs Clinical Training Centre, Toowoomba
Refer to the QRME Calendar of Events (sort for High School events) to see sessions near you.
Aspire to Health Toowoomba
Designed for year 9 or 10 students interested in a Health Career, the Aspire to Health Toowoomba Day will have students participate in an ‘emergency’ simulation with paramedics, nurses and doctors as well as experience hands on procedural workshops.
Due to the high-demand for participation to ensure fairness we limit participation to 2 students from each registered school. Excess registrations will be waitlisted and offered places (if available) after registrations close on 18th August 2017.
We are currently taking Expressions of Interests, please register your interest below.
Students from years 9 and 10 will be given priority. Students from years 11 and 12 will be automatically waitlisted and will be contacted should position be available.
How does registration work?
- First register your interest here or through your school VET co-ordinator
- QRME will liaise with your school VET co-ordinator to confirm a position for you (registering your interest does not guarantee you a position on the day as places are limited)
- Once your position is confirmed by your VET co-ordinator, QRME will be in touch with the required paperwork to complete your full registration for the event.
- Registration closes 18th August 2017
Registrations have now closed.
Who can I talk to about this?
- Paul Purea on 07 4638 7999