AKT and KFP examination support:
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners’ (RACGP) Fellowship exams consist of two written segments:
- Applied Knowledge Test (AKT) – multiple choice test conducted online
- Key Feature Problems (KFP) – multiple choice and short answer test conducted
The RACGP Fellowship exams assess a candidate’s competency for unsupervised general practice anywhere in Australia. Each exam segment has a unique and targeted approach to assessing a candidate’s knowledge and ability. The AKT, KFP and OSCE are held twice per year.
Full information on the RACGP exam can be found at http://www.racgp.org.au/download/Documents/Policies/Assessment/fellowship-exams-candidate-handbook.pdf
The AKT/KFP exam preparation program is offered as weekly webinar programs.
Participants have the option of enrolling in:
- 12 weekly webinars
- 6 weekly webinars in the lead up to the exam
Webinars are scheduled to run for 2 hours. Where possible webinars are held of a weekday evening from 7:30pm to 9:30pm. If you have a specific day or time you need please discuss your requests with our administration team prior to enrolment. If sufficient numbers of participants are interested, we can run sessions during normal work hours.
This program aims to:
- Providing a study group
- Highlighting individual areas of strengths and deficiencies to guide further directed study
- Practicing multiple choice technique
- Learning tips, tricks and common pitfalls to improve success in MCQ
- Improving time management in the exam
All teaching in the AKT program is delivered on-line or via Webinar. Each week participants will have a timed practice exam completed at your convenience. During the webinar these questions and additional MCQ questions are studied.
Most RACGP candidates find the KFP examination the most challenging to complete. The GPrEP KFP program aims to:
- Demystify the KFP exam
- Provide practice KFP questions
- Discussion regarding best way to answer KFP questions including how to:
- Focus on the scenario given
- Answer the question asked
- Avoid overcoding
- Be specific in responses
- Manage time
- Manage the patient holistically
- Provide constructive feedback on exam technique
- Provide a study group
Participants are provided with KFP cases online to either work through prior to the webinar, or on the spot in the webinar. Our team of experienced facilitators challenge the group to move toward an exemplar answer.
please contact Carmen Passfield (email@example.com)
2018.1 AKT/KFP Exam Preparation
KFP Examination DATE 02/02/2018
AKT Examination Date 03/02/2018
|2018.1||Start date (in week of)||Cost|
|12 week KFP Webinar Program||30/10/2017||Registrations are now closed (email firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|6 weekly AKT Webinar Program||11/12/2017||$600|
|6 week KFP Webinar Program||11/12/2017||$650|
*Please allow 2 business days for your payment to be processed and for you to be enrolled in the group. You will receive an email with enrolment instructions.