AKT and KFP Examination support:
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners’ (RACGP) Fellowship exams consist of two written segments:
- Applied Knowledge Test (AKT) – multiple choice test conducted online
- Key Feature Problems (KFP) – multiple choice and short answer test conducted
The RACGP Fellowship exams assess a candidate’s competency for unsupervised general practice anywhere in Australia. Each exam segment has a unique and targeted approach to assessing a candidate’s knowledge and ability. The AKT, KFP and OSCE are held twice per year.
In response to critical medical workforce shortages being experienced across Australia, the Australian Government has implemented measures aimed to provide financial support to doctors in their efforts of achieving fellowship of either the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) or the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM).
**Please note there are no KFP workshops currently scheduled at QRME. We are in the process of refining the course offering and look forward to providing further details on this in 2020.
Participants have the option of enrolling in:
- 12 Week KFP Webinar program
- 6 Week KFP Webinar program
Webinars run for 2 hours on a weekday evening from 7:30pm to 9:30pm Qld time. Private Coaching sessions can be run during normal work hours.
AKT Exam Support
Watch this space! Exciting new exam support coming soon!
AKT Coaching preparation aims to:
- Providing a study group
- Highlighting individual areas of strengths and deficiencies to guide further directed study
- Practicing multiple choice technique
- Learning tips, tricks and common pitfalls to improve success in MCQ
- Improving time management in the exam
AKT preparation is delivered via a 1-1.5 hour Private Coaching Webinar. Participants work through MCQ's and exam tips with your Medical Educator.
Most RACGP candidates find the KFP examination the most challenging to complete. The GPrEP KFP program aims to:
- Demystify the KFP exam
- Provide practice KFP questions
- Discussion regarding the best way to answer KFP questions including how to:
- Focus on the scenario given
- Answer the question asked
- Avoid overcoding
- Be specific in responses
- Manage time
- Manage the patient holistically
- Provide constructive feedback on exam technique
- Provide a study group
Participants are provided with KFP cases online to either work through prior to the webinar, or on the spot in the webinar. Our team of experienced facilitators challenge the group to move toward an exemplar answer, set answer sheets will not be provided.
2020.1 AKT & KFP Exam Preparation
Please contact GPrEP Coordinator Carmen Passfield (email@example.com)
2020.1 KFP Exam Preparation
|2020.1||Start date (in week of)||Cost|
12 Week KFP Webinar Program
|6 Week KFP Webinar Program||
|AKT Preparation||Watch this space!|
* A 2 week break from webinars has been built into our programs over Christmas.
* Please allow 2 business days for your payment to be processed and for you to be enrolled in the group. You will receive an email with enrolment instructions.